hc-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Speirs <bill.spe...@gmail.com>
Subject Server Cookies
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:48:46 GMT
Does the http-core library have a class for generating "server"cookies?

I've found all of the documentation for "client" cookies
(http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/cookie/package-summary.html)
however, I cannot seem to find anything for server cookies. Basically,
I want to create some type of cookie object, set all of the attributes
(domain, path, etc) and then call toString on it to generate the
appropriate Set-Cookie header string.

Is the intent to manually construct such cookies and set them as a
header in an HttpResponse? Why doesn't HttpResponse provide a method
for setting cookies? For that matter, why doesn't HttpRequest provide
a method for easily extracting cookies (beyond manually parsing the
headers)?

Thanks...

Bill-