hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Jira as a release management tool; was Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.1.1 release based on RC1
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:15:07 GMT
On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 17:33 +0000, Campbell, Joseph wrote:
> No.  My vote isn't binding anyway.  I just wanted to see if there was
> traction to getting the Caching client changes in.
>
> We'll catch the next train.  8-)
>
> Thanks Sebastian.
>  Joe

Joe

There is a very simple and effective mechanism of influencing the
release process. Do always make the release manager aware of bugs you
are working on by opening Jira tickets and assigning a severity level
and a target release version to those bugs. Usually there will be no
release as long as there are open issues targeted for that version.

Oleg