hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft board report for February 2011
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 11:45:42 GMT
On 6 February 2011 09:24, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Oleg
>>>
>>> We also need to update our web site to conform with
>>> http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs#websites and report the status
>>> of this task to the board. I plan to start the site update over this weekend
>>
>> Please let me know if you need help with that.
>
> The following tasks are pending, and I would appreciate if you could look
> into them:
>
> 1. Update site footer (I couldn't find how this could be done)
>    - Trademark Attributions
>        - Add page footer with trademark attribution: Apache HttpComponents,
> Commons HttpClient, Apache, the Apache feather logo, and the Apache
> HttpComponents project logo are trademarks of The Apache Software
> Foundation.
>        - Add to footer: All other marks mentioned may be trademarks or
> registered trademarks of their respective owners.
>
> 2. Check Project Metadata - DOAP file is in order
>

> I also came across these other questions, and wanted to ask others for
> views:
>
> 1. The ApacheCon 2010 link needs to be updated and it seems to come from
> http://www.apache.org/events/current-event-125x125.png. Should we inform
> Infra - but I guess it affects many other projects too?

I can do that - and would already have done so - but I don't think
there is a more recent graphic we can use.

I'll try raising the issue.

> 2. Is http://projects.apache.org/projects/httpcomponents_core.html supposed
> to update automatically? If so what needs to be done (is it picked up from
> DOAP?)
>
> 3. Do we need to thank any third parties for any software licenses granted
> to our project (JProfiler, IntelliJ etc) ? I'm not aware of any, but just
> checking
>
> 4. Do we need to give attribution to any other organization's trademarks, or
> do anything special about the legacy "Commons HttpClient" project and
> possibly any trademark etc related to it?

I could not find a link to the ASF Licence page anywhere.

I think it should be added under Overview or Documentation on the main
page, and similarly on sub-pages.