hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update of parent Pom - change versioning scheme?
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:05:48 GMT
On 11 February 2011 10:23, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Sebastian
>>
>> We release the parent POM to Maven Central.
>> There's no Java code involved but there is source which is used by
>> Maven, so I think we probably ought to have a vote (as we did for the
>> plugin).
>>
>> There's almost nothing to check, so voting should be pretty simple.
>> And once it has a separate versioning scheme, it can be released
>> independently.
>
> We have time to finish the branding changes until end of Q1 2011. However
> the next report is due by 14th Feb 10am PST
>
> Do you think we could squeeze in the footer (the last remaining item) by
> this time?

The code is all ready, as far as I can tell. I can release the Maven
skin tonight, when the 72 hours is up.

I was planning on doing a comparison of the old and new pages next, in
case there are any problems, e.g. with broken links.

I think it might be best to start with the parent site first.
Not quite sure about how we redod the child sites - the docs may have
moved on since the last release, so it may be necessary to regenerate
from the tags.
In particular, we want the version info to relate to the release. I
can take a look at that.

We don't normally vote on documentation, so I don't think that needs
to be held up by any vote on the parent POM.