hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft board report for February 2011
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 13:25:00 GMT
On 6 February 2011 13:00, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 February 2011 11:45, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6 February 2011 09:24, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Oleg

>>> The following tasks are pending, and I would appreciate if you could look
>>> into them:
>>>
>>> 1. Update site footer (I couldn't find how this could be done)
>>>    - Trademark Attributions
>>>        - Add page footer with trademark attribution: Apache HttpComponents,
>>> Commons HttpClient, Apache, the Apache feather logo, and the Apache
>>> HttpComponents project logo are trademarks of The Apache Software
>>> Foundation.
>>>        - Add to footer: All other marks mentioned may be trademarks or
>>> registered trademarks of their respective owners.
>>>
>>> 2. Check Project Metadata - DOAP file is in order
>>>

>>> I also came across these other questions, and wanted to ask others for
>>> views:
>>>
>>> 1. The ApacheCon 2010 link needs to be updated and it seems to come from
>>> http://www.apache.org/events/current-event-125x125.png. Should we inform
>>> Infra - but I guess it affects many other projects too?
>>
>> I can do that - and would already have done so - but I don't think
>> there is a more recent graphic we can use.
>
> There's another issue with the ApacheCon logo - it does not act as a link.
>
> It would be better if it worked more like the Maven logo at the bottom
> - in fact as it is ASF-wide it perhaps belongs under the ASF heading
> anyway.
>
> I might have time to experiment later.

Turns out to be easy because multiple logos are allowed.
Just add the following to the end of site.xml:

  <poweredBy>
    <logo name="ApacheCon"
href="http://www.apache.org/events/current-event.html"
          img="http://www.apache.org/events/current-event-125x125.png"/>
    <logo name="Maven" href="http://maven.apache.org/"
          img="http://maven.apache.org/images/logos/maven-feather.png"/>
  </poweredBy>

Now I've just got to find how to remove the background image at the
top of the menu - I expect that is part of CSS somewhere.