hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing the site footer
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 03:03:52 GMT
On 8 February 2011 02:41, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@apache.org> wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> Many thanks for taking care of that.
>>
>> OK, no problem.
>>
>> I think it's working OK now.
>>
>> I've uploaded to the snapshot repo, so if anyone wants to test they
>> should be able to do so.
>>
>> There's a sample of the HC front page here:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~sebb/stagingSite/
>>
>> None of the module links work as I only created the top-level site (mvn
>> -N)
>>
>> If people are happy with it, then I can start a vote to release the skin.
>
> Thanks for working on this Sebastian! Looks good.. I can imagine many other
> projects would be finding it difficult to get this done too. Maybe you could
> share a few details with other pmcs' too

I was planning on mentioning it to Commons at least, once any bugs are
ironed out.
I've not yet removed the duplicates of the CSS and images from the
parent project - this may cause issues.
[If so, we can just keep the duplicates and document the need to keep
them in step]

It looks like each TLP will need to create their own skin in order to
have the correct logo etc.

Unless we can keep the local customisations in project, and the
standard stuff in the skin - I've not tried that yet.
I may try tomorrow.

The proper solution would be for the default stylesheet to be updated
to allow more customisation (I've raised a JIRA for this) but I
suspect that will take too long.