hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft board report for February 2011
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 13:00:27 GMT
On 6 February 2011 11:45, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 February 2011 09:24, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Oleg

>>> Please let me know if you need help with that.
>>
>> The following tasks are pending, and I would appreciate if you could look
>> into them:
>>
>> 1. Update site footer (I couldn't find how this could be done)
>>    - Trademark Attributions
>>        - Add page footer with trademark attribution: Apache HttpComponents,
>> Commons HttpClient, Apache, the Apache feather logo, and the Apache
>> HttpComponents project logo are trademarks of The Apache Software
>> Foundation.
>>        - Add to footer: All other marks mentioned may be trademarks or
>> registered trademarks of their respective owners.
>>
>> 2. Check Project Metadata - DOAP file is in order
>>

>> I also came across these other questions, and wanted to ask others for
>> views:
>>
>> 1. The ApacheCon 2010 link needs to be updated and it seems to come from
>> http://www.apache.org/events/current-event-125x125.png. Should we inform
>> Infra - but I guess it affects many other projects too?
>
> I can do that - and would already have done so - but I don't think
> there is a more recent graphic we can use.

There's another issue with the ApacheCon logo - it does not act as a link.

It would be better if it worked more like the Maven logo at the bottom
- in fact as it is ASF-wide it perhaps belongs under the ASF heading
anyway.

I might have time to experiment later.

> I'll try raising the issue.

Done.

>> 2. Is http://projects.apache.org/projects/httpcomponents_core.html supposed
>> to update automatically? If so what needs to be done (is it picked up from
>> DOAP?)
>>
>> 3. Do we need to thank any third parties for any software licenses granted
>> to our project (JProfiler, IntelliJ etc) ? I'm not aware of any, but just
>> checking
>>
>> 4. Do we need to give attribution to any other organization's trademarks, or
>> do anything special about the legacy "Commons HttpClient" project and
>> possibly any trademark etc related to it?
>
> I could not find a link to the ASF Licence page anywhere.
>
> I think it should be added under Overview or Documentation on the main
> page, and similarly on sub-pages.

I see you have already added the licence link.