hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clover version; release new project POM
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 19:23:05 GMT
On 8 February 2011 19:04, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 February 2011 18:52, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Sebastian,
>>>
>>> ASF does not have a license for the latest version of Clover. This is the reason
poms used version 2.6.3.

>> I see, in which case I'll change the version back.
>> But in any case, the version needs to be specified in the reporting
>> section as well.
>>
>> But I was able to run version 3.0.2 earlier, and I did not notice a
>> problem with the licence.
>> I need to investigate further.
>
> Weird.
>
> The licence I'm using is definitely the one we were given for 2.6.3,
> yet the report I generated says:
>
> Clover  Report generated by Clover Code Coverage v3.0.2
> Tue Feb 8 2011 17:01:53 GMT.                    Clover: Open Source License
> registered to Apache.
>
> And I know I used 3.0.2 to generate the data as well (the 2.6.3
> database is not compatible with 3.0.2).

I've just tried running with 2.6.2, 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 and they all seem
to work with the 2.6.3 license, for example:

[INFO] Clover Version 3.0.1, built on March 31 2010 (build-787)
[INFO] Clover: Open Source License registered to Apache.

It's easy enough to override the version (-Dclover.version=3.0.2) if
required, so I've left the setting for now.