hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Site update - change menu structure to include common header section?
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:43:13 GMT
On 12 February 2011 18:18, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Sebastian
>>
>> I've created a sample site at:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~sebb/site/
>>
>> Note: I have only done the httpasynchclient sub-site so far, but that
>> should give an idea how the other sites will look.
>>
>> If this looks OK, I can go ahead and do the other sites.
>
> This looks good :) !

OK, I'll carry on with the other subsites so they can be reviewed too,
and can then update the official site tomorrow.

>> I needed to change some of the site files, so I propose to create new
>> SVN entries with the changes (in case they need to be regenerated).
>>
>> So for example, I could create something like
>>

>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpasyncclient/tags/4.0-alpha1-siteupdate
>>
>> Similarly for httpcore and httpclient etc.
>
> Not sure if we need a tag for site changes, since SVN history will be there.
> But then again, a tag costs almost nothing.. so it is fine.

Sorry, should have explained in more detail:

The release tag must be immutable, and generating the site from trunk
will result in the wrong version id and potentially different content
as well.
So I downloaded tags/4.0-alpha1and made the necessary changes locally.

There will be no SVN history unless I create a new SVN entry.