hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Changing the site footer
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 18:11:44 GMT
Turns out that it's easy to update the default-site.vm template to add
the required footer - either as fixed text, or as text that can be
passed in as a property.
Unfortunately, as soon as one uses a custom site template, the site
plugin assumes that one will provide all the images and CSS files -
none of the defaults are copied across. This is also easy to fix -
just add the missing files to the resources directory.

However, this only works for the HC Parent Pom, as the site.vm is
loaded relative to the parent project folder.

I also looked at creating a background image instead, but there is a
lot of text, and it would be hard to make it look OK except at
specific screen resolution and browser window size. Although easy to
use, I think that's a non-starter.

So it looks like the best solution is to create a Maven Skin project
and install the jar which can then be used in all the HC projects.
(Same as was done for the notice plugin).

I propose to start on that shortly (I've done a lot of the work
already whilst investigating how to update the footer).

S.