hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update of parent Pom - change versioning scheme?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 12:54:29 GMT
On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 22:51 +0000, sebb wrote:
> Assuming that the Maven Skin vote succeeds and it is released, I think
> we'll need to release a new version of the HC parent POM.
> At present its version appears to be tied to the client and core versions.
> I think it might be easier if the parent had a separate release cycle,
> with a separate version scheme.
> For example, Commons has just a single digit versioning scheme, like
> the Apache parent Pom.
> There probably also ought to be trunk and tags SVN directories for it.
> Thoughts?

A very formal release process for a common parent project definitely
makes sense for Commons where a dozen of fairly different projects with
different groups of developers depend on it. I would prefer to keep
things simple for HC, if possible.

I have no problem with a different (single digit) versioning scheme,