hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft board report for February 2011
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 11:51:36 GMT
On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 14:54 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Oleg
> >> We also need to update our web site to conform with http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs#websites
and report the status of this task to the board. I plan to start the site update over this
weekend
> > Please let me know if you need help with that.
> The following tasks are pending, and I would appreciate if you could
> look into them:
>
> 1. Update site footer (I couldn't find how this could be done)
>      - Trademark Attributions
>          - Add page footer with trademark attribution: Apache
> HttpComponents, Commons HttpClient, Apache, the Apache feather logo, and
> the Apache HttpComponents project logo are trademarks of The Apache
> Software Foundation.
>          - Add to footer: All other marks mentioned may be trademarks or
> registered trademarks of their respective owners.

I think we need to tweak project's site.xml file. I can look into it.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-site.html

> 2. Check Project Metadata - DOAP file is in order

I update DOAP files on a regular basis when cutting a new release. They
should be all right. Could you please double-check, though?

> I also came across these other questions, and wanted to ask others for
> views:
>
> 1. The ApacheCon 2010 link needs to be updated and it seems to come from
> http://www.apache.org/events/current-event-125x125.png. Should we inform
> Infra - but I guess it affects many other projects too?

I guess this should affect each and every project. You might still want
to let infra know.

> 2. Is http://projects.apache.org/projects/httpcomponents_core.html
> supposed to update automatically? If so what needs to be done (is it
> picked up from DOAP?)

There is a wiki document that describes the process of generating web
site content. The sources of the web site content are usually located in
the <module_home>/src/site folder.

http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/WebSite

> 3. Do we need to thank any third parties for any software licenses
> granted to our project (JProfiler, IntelliJ etc) ? I'm not aware of any,
> but just checking

We use Clover to generate test coverage reports. The clover license has
been granted to the whole foundation, though, and not specifically to HC
project. I am not sure if we need to mention that fact on the web
site.

> 4. Do we need to give attribution to any other organization's
> trademarks, or do anything special about the legacy "Commons HttpClient"
> project and possibly any trademark etc related to it?

None I know of.

Oleg