hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Moore, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Mo...@Comcast.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.1 release based on RC1
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:32:29 GMT
Re: bogus.example.com. I agree this isn't perfect, although I think the
likelihood of this hostname appearing is low, given that example.com is
reserved and run by IANA. Perhaps add a comment or unit test failure
message to that effect (I.e. "If I break, please check whether
bogus.example.com has become DNS-resolvable before other debugging
efforts."). This is likely a better bang-for-the-buck solution than trying
to debug the vagaries of DNS resolution of completely invalid TLDs on
various OS (especially the one the CI server runs on).

Thoughts?

Jon
Jon Moore
Comcast Interactive Media