hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.1 release based on RC1
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:12:30 GMT
On 14 January 2011 13:37, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.1.
> The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
> HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.1/
>
> Release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-029/org/apache/httpcomponents/
>
> SVN tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.1-RC1/

httpclient-cache/src/test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/TestRequestProtocolCompliance.java

has no AL header.

TestRequestRetryHandler.java uses the test URL:

HttpRequestBase request = new HttpGet("http://bogus.example.com/");

This is not a good idea, as there is no guarantee that the host will
never be in DNS.

Release otherwise looks OK.

Sorry, but the two taken together mean I vote -0.