hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents AsyncClient 4.0-alpha1 release based on RC1
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:05:40 GMT
On 14 January 2011 13:41, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents AsyncClient
> 4.0-alpha1.The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes
> from HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpasyncclient-4.0-alpha1/

The source jar manifest does not have all the usual headers. Not a
blocker, but should be fixed for next release (or if this RC fails).

The README file does not say what the HttpAsynchClient actually is -
one can hazard a guess from the name, but it would be better if there
was a short description. Again, not a blocker.

The binary release includes httpclient-4.1-beta1.jar. Given that there
is currently a vote to release httpclient 4.1GA, it might be better to
wait until that is available, and then vote on releasing with the new
jar.

For that reason, I vote -0.

Release otherwise seems OK - builds and tests OK for me.