hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.1 release based on RC2
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:37:33 GMT
On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 11:14 +0000, ant elder wrote:

> When i try building the src for this i get two fails, is that expected:
>
> Tests in error:
>   testUseRetryHandlerInConnectionTimeOutWithThreadSafeClientConnManager(org.apache.http.impl.client.TestRequestRetryHandler)
>   testUseRetryHandlerInConnectionTimeOutWithSingleClientConnManager(org.apache.http.impl.client.TestRequestRetryHandler)

@Ant

Damn. These two cases have been failing intermittently for quite some
due to their reliance on DNS name resolution, which tends to be behave
differently on different platforms. I tinkered with the test cases
shortly before building RC2, but I was not careful enough. While the
tests passed locally for me, they kept on failing on Hudson. I reworked
the tests once again and this time I believe the problem has been
resolved for good. Unfortunately the fix did not make it into RC2.

If you think this is a release blocker I will call off the release and
will cut RC3 later today.

@Sebastian, what is your take?

Oleg