hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents AsyncClient 4.0-alpha1 release based on RC1
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:12:10 GMT
On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 18:05 +0000, sebb wrote:
> On 14 January 2011 13:41, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> > Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents AsyncClient
> > 4.0-alpha1.The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes
> > from HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> > three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
> >
> > Packages:
> > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpasyncclient-4.0-alpha1/
>
> The source jar manifest does not have all the usual headers. Not a
> blocker, but should be fixed for next release (or if this RC fails).
>
> The README file does not say what the HttpAsynchClient actually is -
> one can hazard a guess from the name, but it would be better if there
> was a short description. Again, not a blocker.
>
> The binary release includes httpclient-4.1-beta1.jar. Given that there
> is currently a vote to release httpclient 4.1GA, it might be better to
> wait until that is available, and then vote on releasing with the new
> jar.
>
> For that reason, I vote -0.
>
> Release otherwise seems OK - builds and tests OK for me.

HAC is still in an early alpha phase of development. I think it is more
important to release it early and get feedback on the API than to pick
up the latest code from HC, which is the reason why I thought it would
make sense to release both components at the same time.

I can fix the two non-blockers if that makes you reconsider.

Oleg