hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Allow access to default HttpParams
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:30:10 GMT
On 14 December 2010 09:03, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 01:41 +0000, sebb wrote:
>> On 13 December 2010 20:32, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>> > On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 16:35 +0000, sebb wrote:

>> > Feel free to introduce an iterator to BasicHttpParams / SyncHttpParams
>> > classes.
>>
>> I added entrySet() to BasicHttpParams, and added a basic test.
>>
>> However, I now wonder whether it should be also added to the abstract
>> super-class and/or DefaultedHttpParams?
>>

> Makes sense to me.

How about adding entrySet() to the HttpParams interface?
Without that, DefaultedHttpParams has to assume that its local
HttpParams extends AbstractHttpParams.

Changing the interface would of course break any code that implements
the HttpParams interface without extending AbstractHttpParams.

I suppose one could extend the HttpParams interface to add the
entrySet, and have AbstractHttpParams implement that instead.

Otherwise, DefaultedHttpParams.entrySet() could just generate an
Exception if the set cannot be generated.