hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Support for servers that cannot handle Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:18:26 GMT
Some JMeter users are reporting problems with Post requests which contain:

in mult-part form data.

It appears that some server code cannot handle the CTE header, and so
users are asking for the header to be optional.

As far as I can tell, the CTE 8bit header is not strictly necessary
for recipients to be able to process the part.

The header value defined by the StringBody class.
One way round this for JMeter would be to define a new sub-class and
override the getTransferEncoding() method.

But it seems to me that potentially other user agents may need to
suppress or change the header, so perhaps the class needs some way to
configure the CTE value?

==

By the way, the ContentDescriptor#getTransferEncoding() Javadoc says
that the value must not be null, yet
FormBodyPart.generateTransferEncoding() specifically checks for null,
and does not generate the field if the value is null.

May I correct the Javadoc?