hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Moore, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Mo...@Comcast.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r1043717 - in /httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/httpclient-cache/src: main/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/CachingHttpClient.java test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/TestProtocolRecommendations.java
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 11:49:11 GMT
Ok, thanks for pointing that out. I'll put an update on the wiki with this guidance. :)

Jon
From: sebb [sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 5:54 PM
To: HttpComponents Project
Subject: Re: svn commit: r1043717 - in /httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/httpclient-cache/src:
main/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/CachingHttpClient.java test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/TestProtocolRecommendations.java

On 8 December 2010 22:04,  <jonm@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: jonm
> Date: Wed Dec  8 22:04:48 2010
> New Revision: 1043717

> Log:
> Cache revalidation of entries now sends etags of all cached variants on
> the conditional request. (Commit of my own patch posted to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1024 before I had
> commit rights).

Note that JIRA automatically adds a comment to the issue provided that
the issue number is present in the log message (as happened here).

However the normal style is to start the log message with the JIRA id
and title, followed by any additional comment, e.g.

HTTPCLIENT-1024:  cache does not validate multiple cached variants
Cache revalidation of entries now sends etags of all cached variants
on the conditional request.
Contributed by ....
<<<

Having the JIRA issue in a standard location makes it much easier to
follow when reviewing SVN history.

[But no need to change this log message.]