hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpParams read-only access as Set
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:34:06 GMT
On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 22:25 +0000, sebb wrote:
> I've now committed a version of the HttpParams hierarchy using the new
> HttpParamsSet interface.
> I chose to stay with entrySet(), rather than iterator(), as that gives
> a bit more flexibility.
>
> The key question is: do we actually want to keep this new interface?
> [If not, it's easy enough to remove]
>
> If so, is the current API OK?

I personally would prefer to have an interface that returns a set of
parameter names instead of a set of Map.Entry-s. The existing interface
exposes too much of implementation details to my liking. Another benefit
of using a set of parameter names would be that stacked HttpParams
implementations (such as DefaultedHttpParams) could return a joint set
of all parameters present in the hierarchy.

I can live with the interface in its present form, though, if you prefer
it this way.

One kind request, though. Could you please remove reference to
AbstractHttpParams from DefaultedHttpParams#entrySet() javadocs?

Cheers

Oleg