hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1049192
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 19:25:45 GMT
On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 17:42 +0000, sebb@apache.org wrote:
> Author: sebb
> Date: Tue Dec 14 17:42:10 2010
> New Revision: 1049192

> Log:
> Add entrySet() to abstract parent class and other existing implementation
>
> Modified:
>     httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/httpcore/src/main/java/org/apache/http/params/AbstractHttpParams.java
>     httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/httpcore/src/main/java/org/apache/http/params/DefaultedHttpParams.java

Sebastian,

Unfortunately, addition of an abstract method to an abstract class
breaks binary compatibility

[INFO] Comparing to version: 4.1
[ERROR] org.apache.http.params.AbstractHttpParams: Abstract method
'public java.util.Set entrySet()' has been added

> +    /**
> +     * Provide access to the set of local parameters as Map.Entry elements.
> +     * To get the entrySet for the default parameters,
> +     * use {@code ((AbstractHttpParams) getDefaults()).entrySet()}
> +     * @return the Set of Map.Entry<String, Object> elements
> +     * @since 4.1.1
> +     * @throws ClassCastException if local parameters cannot be cast to AbstractHttpParams
> +     */
> +    public Set entrySet() {
> +        return ((AbstractHttpParams) local).entrySet();
> +    }

I also do not think this cast to AbstractHttpParams is a good idea.

Oleg