hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is replacement for ClientContextConfigurer.setAuthSchemePref ?
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2010 18:44:18 GMT
On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 15:09 +0000, sebb wrote:
> ClientContextConfigurer.setAuthSchemePref is deprecated.
> The comment says "to be replaced with a special parameter in 4.1"

These parameters are AuthPNames#TARGET_AUTH_PREF and
AuthPNames#PROXY_AUTH_PREF

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-dev/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/auth/params/AuthPNames.html

> As trunk is heading towards 4.1, perhaps this method should now be removed?
> Or at least the comment should say what the replacement is.

We can't remove it in a minor release. It's been marked as deprecated.
That should be good enough.

cheers

Oleg