hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CONNECT HTTP Method
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:05:16 GMT
On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 16:24 +0530, Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> From Synapse we would like to call a HTTP Proxy using the CONNECT HTTP
> method. Is there anything specific that we have to do in-order to get this
> to working?
>
> Thanks,
> Supun..

Hi Supun

You do not need to know anything special beyond what is stated in the
RFC 2817 [1]

Please note, though, that implementing HTTP tunneling in a non-blocking
mode is _far_ from being trivial.

You might consider contributing to HttpAsyncHttpClient [2] module
instead of trying to build that logic all by yourself. It does not yet
support HTTP tunneling but coincidentally this is what I have been
working on in the past weeks.

Cheers

Oleg

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2817.txt