hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.1 release based on RC1
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2010 00:13:51 GMT
On 13 November 2010 20:02, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core 4.1. The
> vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
> HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.1-rc1/
>
> Release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.1-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-003/
>
> SVN tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/tags/4.1-RC1/

The source jars have only a minimal MANIFEST.MF. It would be good to
include the following headers:

Implementation-Title: HttpComponents HttpClient
Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
Implementation-Version: 4.1-beta1
Specification-Title: HttpComponents HttpClient
Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Specification-Version: 4.1-beta1
url: http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client

But that can wait until the next release.