hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.1-beta1 release based on RC1
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2010 23:54:09 GMT
On 13 November 2010 19:58, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.1-beta1. The vote
is open for the
> at least 72 hours, and only votes from HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote
passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.1-beta1-rc1/
>
> Release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.1-beta1-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-004/
>
> SVN tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.1-beta1-RC1/

RAT reports several files without AL headers:

httpclient-cache/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/BasicHttpCache.java
httpclient-cache/src/test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/AbstractProtocolTest.java
httpclient-cache/src/test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/TestHttpCacheEntrySerializers.java
httpclient-cache/src/test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/TestProtocolAllowedBehavior.java
httpclient-cache/src/test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/TestResponseCache.java

Minor issues:

The source jars have only a minimal MANIFEST.MF. It would be good to
include the following headers:

Implementation-Title: HttpComponents HttpClient
Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
Implementation-Version: 4.1-beta1
Specification-Title: HttpComponents HttpClient
Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Specification-Version: 4.1-beta1
url: http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client

Otherwise looks OK.