hc-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpcomponents Wiki] Update of "BoardReportDraft" by AsankhaPerera
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:34:53 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Httpcomponents Wiki" for change notification.

The "BoardReportDraft" page has been changed by AsankhaPerera.
The comment on this change is: initial updates for november.
http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/BoardReportDraft?action=diff&rev1=6&rev2=7

- = Status report for the Apache HttpComponents project - August 2010 =
+ = Status report for the Apache HttpComponents project - November 2010 =
-
  == Status ==
+ Overall the project remains active.
- The last status report was sent in July, and thus there isn't a lot to be reported. Overall
the project remains active.
-
- We are working on realigning our release process with the best practices used by other ASF
projects such as Apache Commons (special thanks to Sebb).

  == Releases ==
- None since the last report (submitted on the 21st of July). New releases of HttpCore and
HttpClient are planned for August/September 2010.
+ HttpCore 4.1-beta2 was released on the 1st of September
+
+ HttpClient 4.0.3 GA has been released on the 19th of September, as an emergency release
following the 4.0.2 release on the 10th of September.[[HttpClient|]]
+
+ HttpComponents LICENSE and NOTICE maven plugin 0.0.1 was released on the 5th of November
to support the future releases of the main artifacts

  == Community ==
- Nothing to be reported
+ We've voted in Jonathan Moore as a committer
+
+ Ortwin Gl├╝ck (Odi) has decided to go Emeritus. We thank him for all his work on the HttpComponents
project, and wish him luck with his future endeavours.

  == Development ==
  The new HTTP caching module is being improved to add a file system based cache implementation