hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NOTICE and LICENCE file annoyances
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:38:05 GMT
On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 09:39 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Oleg
>
> I'm sorry I do not remember what was exactly wrong with the NOTICE
> files.. so I checked the HttpClient release 4.0.3 but couldn't locate
> exactly what need to be fixed.. Looking at the
> src/main/resources/NOTICE.txt on HttpCore, I only see one occurrence of
> the keyword "${project.name}" - is that a problem?

Yes, it is. The keyword variables in NOTICE.txt should get replaced by
their values. This works well for binary artifacts but not source jars

You can reproduce the problem by running

mvn clean source:jar

Binary jars seem ok, though

mvn clean jar:jar

I personally do not see this as a big deal but Sebastian may.

Oleg