hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any known issues with Http Core NIO and tomcat 5.2.3?
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 12:03:07 GMT
On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 16:56 +0530, Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@apache.org>wrote:
>

> >  In my case there is no stack trace. The browser is the client. Browser
> >> waits
> >> for the data to come but I can clearly see that the page has transferred
> >> the browser. This means that the chunking is incorrect and browser thinks
> >> there is more data to come.
> >>
> >> When I force content length to the browser this worked confirming my
> >> suspicion in chunked encoding.
> >>

> > Supun
> >
> > I suggest you try it again with the updated ChunkedEncoder with a build off
> > trunk. Else, and SSL debug will show you the transfer in hex to manually
> > check if the encoding resulted in a fault
> >

> I did check with the latest trunk and it didn't work.
>
> Thanks,
> Supun..

Supun

Just saying it did not work simply does not help much. What specifically
did not work? Was the browser just waiting for more data? If there were
no error messages reported by the browser and no exception thrown by
HttpCore classes, most likely the target server failed to send a closing
chunk, which is the responsibility of the protocol handler (Synapse
NHTTP in this case).

So, we have got to have a reproducer or a wire log or anything tangible
in order to be able to pinpoint the problem.

Oleg