hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The best strategy to handle send aborts by remote server
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:38:41 GMT
Hi Oleg
> However, I think we should fix the issue with
> AsyncNHttpClientHandler. At the very least it should not throw a NPE.
> Could you please raise a JIRA for this defect?

Sure.. I also believe that sometime back I have seen servers that
aborted a request in progress for possibly other reasons than
authentication.. in which case better handling of the NPE is definitely
worthwhile.
> By the way, if you are working with the asynchronous client side
> protocol handers, we might as well invest some time into brining the
> asynchronous version of HttpClient into a releasable shape.

Let me take a look at what you committed recently.. I've promised to
take a look at it many months back but not been able to spend the time
yet :D

thanks
asankha

--