hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AuthScheme impl for OAuth
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 21:25:21 GMT
On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 17:20 -0400, Thom Nichols wrote:
> I understand how the HTTP request is represented on the wire, but
> HttpRequest.getURI() will still hold the full URI (except I'm guessing in
> the situation of redirects and auths where > 1 request is made.)  The
> original request.getURI() returned the full URI:
> http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml
>
> Looking at the headers, I can get the Host, but not scheme:
>    Accept : application/xml, text/xml, application/xhtml+xml
>      *Host : twitter.com:80*
>      Connection : Keep-Alive
>      Cookie :....
>      Cookie2 : ....
>
> So I can _mostly_ reconstruct the request URI.  But I don't think I can
> reliably get the scheme.

Tom,

The fact that HttpContext is not passed to the AuthScheme is one of the
biggest API blunders in 4.0. If you can upgrade to 4.1-alpha, make your
custom auth scheme implement ContextAwareAuthScheme instead

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/auth/ContextAwareAuthScheme.html

Oleg