hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Moore, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Mo...@Comcast.com>
Subject RE: HTTP cache API changes
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 14:11:01 GMT

Comcast Interactive Media

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: Wed 8/4/2010 9:51 AM
To: dev@hc.apache.org
Cc: Moore, Jonathan
Subject: HTTP cache API changes

Jon et al,

I made some changes to the HTTP cache API in the course of the last few
days mainly intended to allow for file system based cache
implementations. Please feel free to review the changes and complain if
you find anything disagreeable. The new code is largely untested but
should be enough to get a feel about the API.

There is one extra change I would like to do. I would like to refactor
the SizeLimitedResponseReader in order to make it possible streaming out
the response content directly to a file without buffering content in an
intermediate buffer in memory. Once that is done we can proceed with
cutting a new release of HttpClient 4.1.

Cheers

Oleg