hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release new parent POM 4.1
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 13:42:19 GMT
On 9 August 2010 14:32, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

>> > Hi Anthony
>> >
>> > You can delete files staged in a repository in the Browser panel (the
>> > one on the very bottom). The trouble is apparently there is no way to
>> > delete multiple files at once.
>> >
>> > Any idea what the Release button does? Does not seem to do anything for
>> > me.
>>
>> The Nexus UI has changed; previously the Promote and Drop options were
>> available as right-click menu items.
>> I don't think there was a Release option previously.
>>
>> The documentation at
>> http://www.sonatype.com/books/nexus-book/reference/staging-sect-managing-staging.html#staging-sect-promoting
>> does not really help much in distinguishing Release and Promote.
>> Indeed the Release screenshot is titled "Figure 9.22. Promoting a
>> Staging Repository" which is rather confusing.
>>
>> I've no idea what the difference between Promote and Release is, but
>> I'm surprised Release does nothing for you.
>>
>> Maybe I should try the Release button and see what gives?
>>

> Absolutely. Please do!

OK.

Pressed Release - I get a popup with a comment field.
Pressed OK - I get a confirmation saying "The selected repositories
have successfully been released"

However, the status of the repo is still shown as closed, and I can
repeat the process without generating an error.

Is that what you meant by "does nothing" ?