hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject RE: HttpCore NIO & SSL behind proxy
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:40:14 GMT
On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 12:10 +0200, DELHOSTE Fabrice wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> You know I am testing the asynchttpclient (and I know that you don't have lot of time
to support this one). FYI the feedback is pretty good on HTTP, I've tested with a lot of concurrent
requests. It seems stable as far as I have tested.

Glad to hear that.

> Now my problem is that I just put the SSLIOClientEventDispatch instead of the default
HTTP one and when doing a small sequence of HTTP request, the first request is ok but the
next one hangs...it never sends the second HTTP request.

> That seems strange as that should be transparent once the connection is ok (that has
nothing to do with my previous mail on proxy as it has the same behavior with or without).

While this is certainly true the non-blocking SSL is enormously complex
and therefore is much more bugs- / error-prone.

> Actually, it seems to miss the setting of WRITE event to the session after getting the
HttpRequest.
> When debugging or pausing (or forcing the write everytime) it works.
>
> Could you please help as I'm really stuck at least to go more in tests with HTTPS on
this one?

Two things you should try:
(1) reproducing the problem with a test case. HttpCore has a number of
test cases for non-blocking SSL and you could use those as a starting
point.
(2) reproducing the problem with I/O session event logging on. This
should help find out whether I/O interests are set correctly (write
events suspended by mistake). Logging is simply indispensable when
troubleshooting concurrency issues.

Oleg