hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpCore NIO & SSL behind proxy
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 19:05:33 GMT
On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 16:37 +0200, DELHOSTE Fabrice wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if there's a sample on how to use HttpCore NIO with SSL through a proxy.
The SSL part is ok without proxy but I haven't found any relevant example through proxy.

> Should I look to HttpClient to look what to do in HttpCore NIO?
> Is there some utility classes to manage that?
>
> Cheers,
> Fabrice

Fabrice

HttpCore provides only the most fundamental HTTP transport functions.
Support for HTTP proxies is out of the project's scope.

There is an experimental asynchronous HTTP client based on HttpCore NIO
but it is still at the pre-ALPHA stage of development and currently also
does not have proxy support.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpasyncclient/trunk/

Oleg