hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BasicAuthCache and Httpclient 4.0.1
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 19:15:38 GMT
On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 13:25 -0500, Raymond Hooker (rhooker) wrote:
> I am trying to do preemptive authentication as per the chapter on
> authentication:
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/tutorial/html/authentication.
> html
>
> The problem is that it refers to classes BasicAuthCache and AuthCache.
> I can seem to find them.  I have included both httpclient-4.0.1.jar and
>  httpcore-4.0.1.jar.  I have even looked in the source to see if I could
> find the appropriate import.  I have seen some code with:
>
> import org.apache.http.impl.client.BasicAuthCache;
>

> Any help or hints?
>

> Ray

Ray

These classes are available in the 4.1 branch of HttpClient, which is
still ALPHA

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/download.html

If you have issues with using non-GA releases, you can achieve pretty
much the same thing using 4.0.1 GA, just with a bit of extra code:

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.0.1/tutorial/html/authentication.html#d4e950

Hope this helps

Oleg