hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Get rid of suite() and main() methods from Test classes?
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 07:50:33 GMT
On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 00:24 +0100, sebb wrote:
> Is there any point in having suite() and main() methods in Test classes?
>
> IDEs and Maven and Ant allow individual test classes to be run quite
> easily, so AFAICT there is no need for these methods.

All that code is a hangover from the pre-Eclipse days of HttpClient 1.x
and early 2.x. I was going to migrate core and client to JUnit 4 after
upgrading core to Java 1.5 and get rid of old stuff in the process.
Since it is unclear at what point the upgrade to 1.5 can take place,
feel free to go ahead and remote #suite() and #main() methods.

Oleg