hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best way to handle or disable Pipelined requests
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:13:26 GMT
On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 11:25 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Oleg
>
> In the HttoCore Tutorial I see the following
>
> "This makes non-blocking HTTP connections fully pipelining capable, but
> at same time implies that this is the job of the protocol handler to
> match logically related request and the response messages."
>
> Is there any recommended way to handle - or - a simple way to disable
> support for pipelined requests?

Hi Asankha

If you do not want to support request pipelining, simply disable input
while processing an incoming message: disable input events immediately
after having received a complete incoming request by calling
IOControl#suspendInput(), process the request, generate a response,
write it out, and finally re-enable input events when ready to receive
another request by calling IOControl#requestInput().

Hope this helps

Cheers

Oleg