hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Pankaj Arora" <par...@castiron.com>
Subject SSL Bad record Mac
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 02:36:59 GMT
HI,
I am using Http commons 3.0.1 to talk to my server.
I am facing an issue where after every few https calls I see this error:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: bad record MAC

        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:190)

        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1591
)

        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1549
)

        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java
:850)

        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(SSLSocketImpl.
java:746)

        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream.read(AppInputStream.java:75)

        at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)

        at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:237)

        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.readRawLine(HttpParser.java:77)

        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.readLine(HttpParser.java:105)

        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.readLine(HttpConnection.jav
a:1115)

Sometime there is no error for 100 of calls and sometimes it errors in
6-7 calls.
Any ideas what might be wrong or if there is some existing bug in Http
commons or even Sun?

Thanks,
Pankaj Arora