hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Last redirect URL
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:58:26 GMT
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 02:34:55PM +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 22/09/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Which would be wrong in my opinion since this behavior is not defined by the
> >  interface but rather is implementation specific. So, DefaultRequestDirector
> >  would be a more appropriate place but not the most obvious one.
>
> I've already updated getURI() - best treat that as a temporary experiment ...
>
> If that text is OK, it can be moved elsewhere, but given that the
> httpMethod#getURI() Javadoc leads back to HttpUriRequest, I think that
> there needs to be a pointer from there as well.
>
> Does getURI() behaviour vary between implementations?
> If so, this should definitely be mentioned in the interface Javadoc.

Yes, it does, like that of many other methods. In some implementations the
request URI remains immutable, in others it can be changed. I certainly see
nothing that makes getURI() method so special.

> Or is it just that the implementations may handle redirect URIs differently?

I thought the whole point of having an interface was to allow for
implementations with different behavior.