hc-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Berlin <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Last redirect URL
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:23:22 GMT
I'm inclined to agree with sebb that the contract of the interface should
specify what this URI refers to.  In cases where the programmer isn't aware
of the implementation (ie, they are passed the object as an interface and
expected to use it as such), they should be aware what kind of return value
they will receive.  While I agree with Oleg that implementations should be
free to change, I'm of the opinion that the thing that changes is the means
of implementation, not the definition for what it returns.

Adding something as innocuous as, "Implementations are encouraged to return
the URI that was initially requested.  If the programmer wants to know the
URI of any redirected locations, see [a tutorial]."

Sam