hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject SessionInputBuffer and SOCKET_BUFFER_SIZE
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:14:00 GMT
Hi All

If I understand correctly the SOCKET_BUFFER_SIZE parameter specifies the
size of the SessionInputBuffer. However the SessionInputBuffer is simply
used to read the header of a http message (i.e. the request line and
http headers) - and never intended to read the entity body / payload. If
so is there any specific reason to call this parameter the
SOCET_BUFFER_SIZE which seems a misleading - or have I missed something?
Also if this is true, why is this generally set to 8K instead of
something much smaller?

thanks
asankha