hc-dev mailing list archives

From D H <testinganacco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on HTTPClient-675
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:44:03 GMT
Oleg,

It has taken some time, but the developers are going to make the recommended
changes that you and Ortwin suggested.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

> D H wrote:
>
> You will be much better off using ServletContextListener to create and shut
> down MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager and ServletContext to store the
> reference to that instance.
>
>> One should definitely use MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager in a servlet
> container.

One question that one of our developers had was where to put the single
instance of MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager to be able to use it across
threads from an EJB?
He will use the ServletContext and ServletContextListener for the
applications but isn't sure for EJBs.

> HttpClient 4.0 is _massively_ better than 3.x version and is better
> documented. You should tell your boss to seriously consider upgrading.
> Besides, 3.x code line is effectively at the end of life.
>
> It is just a matter of time I _personally_ will stop answering any
> questions about HttpClient 3.x

Believe it or not, once the developers saw that they had to upgrade, they
decided to go to the latest version themselves and only have to change the
code once so they are working to convert it now to 4.0.1.  I found the other
application having problems was running on the 2.0.2 version of HttpClient
but that will be fixed very soon.

> Cheers
> Evil Comrade Oleg

Thanks again for your help,