hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: Question on HTTPClient-675
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:52:42 GMT
David,

D H wrote:
> One question that one of our developers had was where to put the single
> instance of MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager to be able to use it across
> threads from an EJB?
> He will use the ServletContext and ServletContextListener for the
> applications but isn't sure for EJBs.

It's a bit of a matter of taste. I think it makes a good candidate for an MBean.
If JBoss is your appserver, you can easily create a ServiceMBean for this
purpose and set it up in the jboss-app.xml of your EAR or any other jboss.xml
(of an EJB-JAR or SAR) of your choice. This way you could also easily add some
MBean operations & properties for adminitrative purposes like flushing the
cache, or returning statistics.

Odi