hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ATTN] HttpClient 4.0 GA / HttpCore 4.1-alpha1 release votes
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:09:16 GMT
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:40:47AM +0100, sebb wrote:
>  > On 22/07/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>  > > Folks,
>  > >
>  > >  If I hear no objections I would like to proceed with cutting official release
>  > >  packages for HttpClient 4.0 and HttpCore 4.1-alpha1 and calling the release
>  > >  votes.
>  > >
>  > >  Sebastian,
>  > >
>  > >  Do you need more time to review the packages?
>  >
>  > Yes please.
>  >
>  > I hope to review the code later this week (still getting back to
>  > normal after 24 hrs travelling!).
>  >

> Hi Sebastian
>
>  How long do you think it is going to take you to complete the review?

Sorry, got side-tracked by JMeter and related stuff.

I've finished looking at HttpClient; I think the only remaining issue
is what to do about SSLSocketFactory. Several options:

* do nothing
* document thread-safety issue with setter/getter methods
* make field volatile
* make field final and remove getter/setter (breaks API)

I would like to revisit HttpCore. I'll try and do that before the weekend.