hc-dev mailing list archives

From Pasquiers Gwenhael <gwenhael.pasqui...@Devoteam.com>
Subject [NIO HttpCore user] sending requests
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 15:12:29 GMT
Hi,

We are currently using HttpCore (non-NIO) in some test application; we
have a growing number of connection so I'm trying to use the http.nio
libraries instead.

FYI, this tool "executes" XML script describing http callflows.

I hope I'll be clear enough:

For now I'm doing the client side, I'm using :

DefaultConnectingIOReactor
  - DefaultClientIOEventDispatch
      - BufferingHttpClientHandler
          - HttpProcessor (custom, does nothing)
          - HttpRequestExecutionHandler (custom)

I do manage to establish a connection; i get a call to
HttpRequestExecutionHandler.submitRequest(...) and if I, for testing
I return a request there it sends it, nice.

However when I establish this connection I do not know yet the requests
I will have to send, so I have to return null in submitRequest(...);
then submitRequest() isn't called anymore by the lower layers.

My problem is that I did not find how to trigger that event latter
in order to send my requests once I know what they are. Or any other
way to send requests when "I" want to.

I don't know if I'm going the wrong way (not using the right classes?)
or if it is in fact something that is not that simple.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gwenhaël PASQUIERS

DEVOTEAM / BU Telecom / Developer
Email : gwenhael.pasquiers@devoteam.com