hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with release checking
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2009 20:32:29 GMT
sebb wrote:
>> On 21/06/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>>  > sebb wrote:
>>  >
>>  > > It was quite tedious checking the 4.0.1 release because of spurious
>>  > > variations between the tgz and zip archives.
>>  > >
>>  > > Apart from the LF/CRLF line ending differences, which are easy to
>>  > > allow for, there are quite a lot of files in the ZIP archive that have
>>  > > an additional CRLF at the end. This can be fixed by adding
>>  > >
>>  > > fixlast="false"
>>  > >
>>  > >
>>  >
>>  >  Sebastian,
>>  >
>>  >  Just go ahead and fix obvious issues without too much of a protocol.
>>  >

> I've updated the build.xml file and am trying to test using
>
> mvn package assembly:assembly -DskipTests=true
>
> However that fails with the following error:
>
> [INFO] [bundle:bundle]
> [ERROR] Error building bundle
> org.apache.httpcomponents:httpcore-osgi:bundle:4.1-SNAPSHOT : Input
> file does not exist: target/maven-shared-archive-res
> ources/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES~
> [ERROR] Error building bundle
> org.apache.httpcomponents:httpcore-osgi:bundle:4.1-SNAPSHOT : Input
> file does not exist: target/maven-shared-archive-res
> ources/META-INF/LICENSE~
> [ERROR] Error building bundle
> org.apache.httpcomponents:httpcore-osgi:bundle:4.1-SNAPSHOT : Input
> file does not exist: target/maven-shared-archive-res
> ources/META-INF/NOTICE~
> [ERROR] Error(s) found in bundle configuration
>
> So I commented out the httpcore-osgi module and the build then failed
> because it could not find index.pdf. Running
>
> mvn docbkx:generate-pdf
>
> fixed that problem, and the archives are created OK. However the
> build.xml file is not called to process the archives.
>
> Is there some special Maven flag needed to invoke this phase?

There appears to be some kind of issue with the latest maven bundle
plugin (don't we all love maven?). I raised a JIRA with Apache Felix [1]
and downgraded the plugin to previous stable version for the time being.

Please pull the latest snapshot and try again.

Cheers

Oleg

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1262