hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with release checking
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:29:37 GMT
> sebb wrote:
>
> > It was quite tedious checking the 4.0.1 release because of spurious
> > variations between the tgz and zip archives.
> >
> > Apart from the LF/CRLF line ending differences, which are easy to
> > allow for, there are quite a lot of files in the ZIP archive that have
> > an additional CRLF at the end. This can be fixed by adding
> >
> > fixlast="false"
> >

>  Sebastian,
>
>  Just go ahead and fix obvious issues without too much of a protocol.

Thanks!
Sometimes an obvious issue for me is not obvious to others, so I
thought I better raise it.

> > to the Ant script which repackages the zip file.
> >
> > BTW, the Ant script is not suitable for use on Windows, because it
> > only fixes the zip file.
> > It ought to be changed to detect the EOL type and fix the appropriate
> archive.
> >

>  How can one reliably detect the EOL type of an archive with ant or maven?
> Can you elaborate?

I meant check the EOL type of the OS, and fix whichever archive needs
a different EOL.

I use the following check for JMeter:

        <condition property="native.lf">
            <os family="unix"/>
        </condition>
        <condition property="native.crlf">
            <os family="dos"/>
        </condition>

and then use the condition to decide what to do.

> > The $HeadURL:$ SVN markers can cause problems when comparing the
> > source archive with the tag unless one uses the same URL as the
> > builder used.
> >
> > HeadURL causes major problems when comparing SVN checkouts.
> > I think the markers should be removed (or disabled).
> >
> > Similarly, the $Date:$ SVN marker causes problems when comparing
> > files, because the date is expressed as a local date. This can be
> > allowed for in automated comparisons, but is still a nuisance. IMO,
> > the benefits of having the Date outweigh the disadvantages. If one
> > really needs the date, then consider using $Id which uses UTC, for
> > example:
> >
> > $Id: calc.c 148 2006-07-28 21:30:43Z sally $
> >

>  Let's just get rid of those in trunk. Hopefully there will be no need for
> another release off the 4.0.x branch.

OK.