hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] HttpCore 4.0.1 preview packages
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:16:03 GMT
> sebb wrote:

> > > official

> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0.1-preview/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

> > > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0.1-preview/
> > >

> > There seems to be a problem with the bin-zip archive - Javadoc
> > directory is named CLASS-US instead of class-use.
> >

>  Are you sure about that? The directory looks perfectly normal to me.

Sorry, this appears to be a bug in Winzip.

I used the command-line option -ye to unzip the file, and this creates
one of the class-use directories as CLASS-US - however for some odd
reason it only does this for the io/ directory.

Very peculiar, but it is repeatable.

Unzipping using Winzip in GUI mode works fine.

>   Also, many of the
>
> > zip files have additional lines at the end. This makes comparing the
> > archives very tedious.
> >
> > Also, the src-zip has two extra directories:
> >
> > httpcore-osgi\src\main
> > httpcore-osgi\src
> >
> > main is empty.
> >

>  This is ok. The OSGi bundler does not have any sources besides pom.xml. It
> is merely a bundler.

Unfortunately it creates differences between the tar and zip archives.
If the empty SVN directory can be deleted, so much the better.