hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael <michates...@gmail.com>
Subject MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager: How many threads?
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 12:33:07 GMT
Hello,

I am using version 3.1 and currently have some problems regarding thread
management.

$Header:
/home/jerenkrantz/tmp/commons/commons-convert/cvs/home/cvs/jakarta-commons//httpclient/src/java/org/apache/commons/httpclient/MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java,v
1.47 2004/12/21 11:27:55 olegk Exp $

>From the code I would guess that I should not end up having more than

HttpConnectionManagerParams params = new HttpConnectionManagerParams();
params.setMaxTotalConnections(...)

Threads called "Timeout Guard" flying around in my JVM. Unfortunately I
limited it to 15 connections in total and find around 25 of those threads at
times. On my kind of limited virtual server that is currently  causing some
problems.

I would appreciate some help. Thanks in advance...

Regards
 Michael